The National Institute for Transport & Logistics (NITL) is managed by the School of Spatial Planning and Transport at Dublin Institute of Technology.
- It creates a fundamental resource for logistics and sustainable transport efficiency in Ireland.
- We provide an increased focus on logistics and sustainable transport and we heighten awareness to logistics and transport issues.
- We are here to stimulate and facilitate improvement in logistics and supply chain quality for small and large businesses throughout all of Ireland.
- We conduct academic and applied research into aspects of supply chain management and sustainable transport.
NITL was founded to provide expertise in transport, logistics and operations management matters (total supply chain integration and management) to firms operating in and from Ireland or in overseas markets. We provide tailored services to every kind and size of business in
- Manufacturing Industries
- Assembly Industries
- Process Industries
- Service Industries
- Retail Industries
- Agricultural and Food Industries
- Recycling and Waste Management Industries
as well as for
- Transport Providers
- Value Added Logistics Providers and Integrators
- Ferry and Sea Shipping Companies
- Airlines (both Passenger and Cargo)
- Public Services (Rail and Road)
We work with companies of all sizes, from small to medium sized firms to large multinational companies.