This new part-time degree programme is aimed at meeting the educational needs of the automotive sector by providing graduates with a level 7 degree qualification. The programme offers a core-disciplinary approach in which the learners obtain a high level of technological and diagnostics skills specifically related to the automotive sector.
Applicants who already possess the FETAC Level 6 Higher Certificate (National Craft Certificate) in an automotive related trade and a full Technological Certificate in Motor Car Engineering (all four examinations) are eligible to apply for entry into stage 3 of the programme. Applicants can also apply for exemption from specific modules on the basis of their prior academic qualifications and work related experience; these applicants will be assessed on their merits by the Recognition of Prior Learning process (RPL).
- Develop individual skills and prepare students for technical career progression in the automotive repair sector, mainly through development of both their technical knowledge and diagnostics skills, and their conceptual and analytical abilities;
- Prepare students for senior automotive technical roles in a cost effective manner so that they can contribute towards the functional and strategic management of their organisations;
- Enable students to see ways in which theory can be applied in practice to complexissues with the aim of improving technical repair and diagnostic practice;
- Enhance student career prospects and development in the automotive repair sector;
- Encourage students to be self motivating and pursue personal development andlifelong learning skills;
- Provide a relevant, practical and constantly updated programme through maintainingclose links with the automotive industry;