The Aviation Engineering department within Transport Engineering in D.I.T. is Ireland’s premier school of aviation engineering. Students learn to develop the following skills:
- Develop individual skills by enhancing the conceptual and analytical abilities of the graduate for application within the context of the civil aviation industry framework.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of Training and Education within the Aviation Industry by fostering an ethos within the graduate to be self-motivating and pursue personal development and lifelong learning skills.
- Develop an intricate technical knowledge and understanding of the Principles of Flight.
- Develop personal and interpersonal skills to enable managing oneself, and others within the industry.
- Develop competence in information systems integral to aviation/aircraft operations, management and maintenance.
- Provide the graduate with an understanding of the complex inter-relationships existing within the various sub-sectors of the Aviation Industry (Legislative design, Manufacturing, Commercial, Operations and Maintenance)